In love and war...

Sida 2 av 4 Föregående  1, 2, 3, 4  Nästa

Gå ner

Sv: In love and war...

Inlägg  Foxy i sön jul 06, 2014 5:28 pm

The rest was brief, he had to keep moving. His left arm hanged limp and useless at his side and blood had begun to trickle down to his hand. He wouldn't be able to remove the arrow on his own. It was hard for him to reach it and he would have to get rid of the armor that was in the way. He unbuckled the leather straps at his sides to be more nimble. He was now aiming for the rendezvous point, the river. Hopefully Eve had moved on when he didn't show up. When he had been walking for a while a familiar sound made him stop and listen. It was like the hooting of an owl. The sound was faint, coming from a distance but he recognized it as Eve calling for him. He raised his right hand and responded with a similar hoot and then kept moving forward.

Foxy
Admin

Antal inlägg : 1355
Registreringsdatum : 12-09-25

Användarens profil

Till överst på sidan Gå ner

Inlägg  Byakko i sön jul 06, 2014 5:37 pm

Despair was a knot in her stomach when she heard the answering call. Her head snapped up and she listened intently. There it was again!
She urged the horses in the direction of the sound ans soon she saw his slumped figure. Eve forgot the child for a moment as she slid off the horse and rushed over to him.
"Renn! Trust you to get shot, old man." She said it jokingly but her voice was trembling slightly.
She gave the wound a cursory look before pulling out bandages, brandy and thread from the saddle bag.
Eve pointed sternly to a rock. "Sit. We have time to patch you up before we move on."
She handed him the brandy and added, as an afterthought: "Not that I care but we can't have their dogs following your tracks of blood."

Byakko

Antal inlägg : 300
Registreringsdatum : 12-11-04

Användarens profil

Inlägg  Foxy i sön jul 06, 2014 6:05 pm

The sound of hooves reached him and he turned his head in that direction. He was happy to see Eve and the horses approaching.
"Old man.." he chuckled but winced a bit when the bolt strained against the leather. Renn noted the tremble in her voice, had she been worrying about him?
"I wouldn't have been shot if you would have made it out of the camp unnoticed, girl" he retorted only half serious and then sat down on the rock she had pointed out without complaining. He took the brandy from her and uncorked the flask before taking a swig from it. The brown liquid burned pleasantly while traveling down his throat to the stomach.
"Just get on with it." he kept drinking from the bottle trying to prepare himself for the pain.

Foxy
Admin

Användarens profil

Inlägg  Byakko i sön jul 06, 2014 6:16 pm

Eve had to carefully cut open his tunic and peeled it off him. She grabbed the shaft close to his body and quickly snapped it off while still trying to move it as little as possible.
"Alright, I'm gonna pull on three. One.." She pulled without even counting to two. The shaft slipped out rather easily and blood immediately started gushing from both sides.
She put a cloth in his hand and pressed it against the wound on the front.
"Push on it."
She worked quickly as she uncorked another bottle of brandy and poured it over the wound on his back and then she started sowing the wound shut.
Only rest could take care of the damage to the muscle tissue.
She repeated the process on the other side and then began bandaging the wound, the clean cotton bandage wrapping around his torso and shoulders.
"That should hold it. We'll get you to a drysian for some healing when we're done here. Don't use your arm, itäll open the wound."

Eve got up and wiped sweat of her forhead. She remembered the Oracle child and whipped around but the girl sat where she had left her: on the horse's back.
"Think you can ride?" She adressed the question to Renn even though she didn't look at him. She didn't want him to see how relieved she was.

Byakko

Användarens profil

Inlägg  Foxy i sön jul 06, 2014 6:34 pm

Renn managed to stifle the groan of pain that wanted to leave him when she pulled the arrow out. He did as she said and pressed the cloth to the gash in front. When the brandy was poured into the open wound he grunted but didn't show any other signs of being in pain. He quickly took another deep swig from the brandy when she started to sow the wound shut. He was quiet as she worked on him and tried to be as still as possible to make the job easier on her.
"Thank you" he said and nodded at her when she was finished. Renn kept the arm at his side not to make any strain on the wound as she had told him to and got to his feet. The shoulder was sore and tender but he would manage the ride.
"Yeah.." he responded and walked toward the black stallion he had used before. His eyes traveled to the child sitting on the mare and he froze for a second. That white stare knotted his stomach and he felt faint for a moment.

He shook his head and averted his eyes before getting up on the horseback. It was not the easiest task with only one working arm but he managed it on the first try. The cold night air brushed against his naked torso and goosebumps started to form on his arms. He grabbed the reigns and looked in Eve's direction.
"What are we going to do with the child?" he wondered.

Foxy
Admin

Användarens profil

Inlägg  Byakko i sön jul 06, 2014 6:45 pm

Eve mounted and pulled a hand through her tangled hair.
"We'll continue with the plan. The King said "infant" so that must be what he thinks it is. I'd say we take our chances and leave this one at the river, pick up the dead baby and return. News of the warlords death should reach us tomorrow. They'll probably still try to mount an attack though..."
She gave Renn a hard stare, her mouth in a thin line.
"If the Oracle dies it'll be a disaster for the church and our prince will never be king."
And if the Assassin Lord finds out that we've taken a side in the struggle for the throne both our loves are forfeit.
Taking any other side than the Guild's was forbidden and as it usually was, the Guild never took any other side than its own.

She urged her horse into a canter and turned north towards the river. The listless child in her arms still haven't made any sound. She didn't know if she should be grateful or creeped out.

Byakko

Användarens profil

Inlägg  Foxy i sön jul 06, 2014 7:08 pm

"The church" he snorted. Renn weren't a believer and he wasn't really a fan of the Prince but he figured he was the lesser of two evils. The King, the church, the Guild, it all was the same to him. People that enforced their believes and rules on others without a second thought. His loyalty towards the Guild was a forced one and the thing with the oracle child hadn't really raised Renn's thoughts about the Prince. Yet he kept this to himself, mostly because he knew that Eve supported the Prince.

Without a word he urged his horse forward, following after Eve and the child. Soon the river stretched itself like a glimmering snake before them. He halted his horse and looked around to get his bearings. This should be the meeting point. He cupped his right hand round his mouth and let out a low whistle. The night was silent for a while but soon was answered by a different whistle from farther up the river. He looked at Eve and then made the horse move forward, towards the sound of the whistle.

Renn was tense and alert. He held the remaining dagger in his right hand, ready for an ambush of some kind.

Foxy
Admin

Användarens profil

Inlägg  Byakko i sön jul 06, 2014 7:18 pm

She halted the horse as she saw the river and two dark figures on horses. A quiet battle raged within her. The most logical thing was for Renn to hand over the child as she still had both her arms and could shoot the crossbow that was strapped to her horse.
On the other hand, if he went he would have one useless arm and the other occupied with carrying a child.
She decided and slid off her horse, the girl on her arm.
"I'll take the child, you cover me if anything goes wrong."
She hurried towards the two dark figures before Renn could disagree.

The exchange however, was brief. One of the men took the girl from her arms after making sure she had brought them the right one. In return she got a sack.
Eve felt sick when she realized what it contained and that it had been strapped to the saddle of one of the horses.
She cradled the dead weight in the nook of her arm and walked back to Renn, back stiff. The child was dead but it felt wrong to treat it like a piece of meat.
She didn't look at Renn when she mounted again.
"Let's hurry back. We want to get there before the fighting starts."

Byakko

Användarens profil

Inlägg  Foxy i sön jul 06, 2014 7:33 pm

Before he could say anything she had gotten off the horse with the child and was heading in the direction of the two strangers. His horse restlessy stomped the ground, feeling the rising tension in him. He followed her intently with his gaze and gripped the dagger thighter in his hand. If something were to happen he could throw it. He was useless with a bow in his current state since he only had one working arm at the moment but he was still deadly on a distance. To his relief the exchange was quick but he still kept a watchful eye on the men as they started to ride off with the child. He listened intently for strange sounds but the night lay still and silent.

Renn's eyes narrowed down on Eve but briefly flickered to the lifeless bundle in her arms. He knew what it contained and choose not to acknowledge it. It was not hard to see that it bothered Eve and he knew what she thought about killing children.
"Let's get going" he agreed and urged the horse into a canter. Hopefully the warlord's death would put off the fight but it could also launch the enemy army into an rampage. Either way they would probaly hold off until dawn, so Renn and Eve had a couple of hours to deliver the dead child.

Foxy
Admin

Användarens profil

Inlägg  Byakko i sön jul 06, 2014 7:46 pm

Eve gave her horse free rein and soon she was flying across the plain, just at the edge of the forest. The sooner they got back, the better in her opinion.
The bundle in her arms felt like a lead weight.
Her mare never faltered even when her sides started heaving with the strain. Eve only slowed down when were a kilometer from their camp. She pulled her hood back and the guards who had been given her description let them pass without challenge.
"You should go and get your shoulder looked at. I'll take... this, to the King."

She dismounted and stalked off without looking back to see what Renn would do.
The King sat on his throne still when she entered the tent and handed him the bundle.
He looked at the bundle with disgust and gestured for a servant to take it. Eve's regard for the man sank even more.
"I've already heard rumors that the Warlord is sleeping and can't be woken. Let's hope he stays that way."
Eve bristled at the comment but bit her tounge and kept silent.
"You're reward has already been sent to the Guild. Dismissed."
Eve gave a stiff bow before stalking out. She wanted to curse and yell at the Crown Prince but that would do no good. She had already been given a mission to complete after this one and nothing could ever be gained by confronting nobility.
She sighed and decided to go and look for Renn. She would need help with her next assignment.

Byakko

Användarens profil

Inlägg  Foxy i sön jul 06, 2014 8:20 pm

Renn followed after Eve and kept the same pace even though the wound on his back had opened up a bit and had started to bleed again during the hard ride. He sighed with relief as they slowed down a and then untangled his cloak from one of the saddlebags and put it on, hood up. When she told him to go see someone for the shoulder and that she would deliver the package to the King Renn just nodded silently. He looked after her as she stalked off towards the King's tent but then dismounted and headed for the healers tent. He knew better than to stubbornly let wounds get infected.

The drysian woman clucked with her tounge as she examined the wound on his back while he briefly explained how he had recieved the injury.
"Steel bolt" the old woman chimed and prodded the wound with her fingers. Renn hissed quietly at this since she didn't do it gently but she only clucked in response and went to get one of the potions which was neatly stacked on a shelf. The little flask she brought back with her contained a purple, slow-flowing liquid. Renn looked at it with a distrustful glance but the woman only smiled and then gently poured a couple of drops on the wound on his back. It felt like the liquid was burning trough the flesh where the drops had landed and Renn gritted his teeth in pain, droplets of sweat starting to form on his forehead. The pain held for a few more seconds but then quickly subsided.
"For the rott" the elder woman explained and patted him on the back. Curiously enough the wound already felt better. It would still need time to heal properly but the risk of infection and lasting damage was now minimal. She urged him to lean back so that she could treat the front as well. He wasn't looking forward to the pain but he did as she asked and leaned back a bit. He twitched in agony as the drops landed on his bare skin. Renn kept his eyes closed until the pain subsided again and only then did he look down at the wound. It looked almost like someone had put hot steel to it.

Foxy
Admin

Användarens profil

Inlägg  Byakko i mån jul 07, 2014 3:10 pm

After asking around Eve finally found the healer's tent. She peeked inside and saw Renn, lying on his back.
She sauntered in and smiled wickedly at him.
"If your boo-boo isn't giving you too much grief I could use some help with an assignment. We'll split 50/50. Unless you need some beauty-sleep, in that case I'll ask Xander."
Xander was the newest member of the Guild and already thought he knew all the tricks of the trade. He was obnoxious and haughty and Eve only waited for reality to kick him in the balls.

Eve opened her mounth to say something else but the drysian saw the spot of blood on the tunic, her wound had bled through both bandage and tunic.
Her protests made no difference as she was bullied into drinking a foul tasting liquid that burned all the way down. Eve hissed and coughed and before she could react she had been ushered behind a curtain where she got help getting rid of the hidious corset and help re-bandaging the wound.

Byakko

Användarens profil

Inlägg  Foxy i mån jul 07, 2014 4:19 pm

"Xander? That little snot?" Renn snorted as he sat up and watched Eve with a sly grin. "I think you two would make a lovely couple" he teased.
He carefully tested to move the left shoulder, trying out its mobility. The muscles still felt very tender but he could at least lift his arm now. When the drysian woman started to fuss over Eve, Renn turned his gaze back to her and only then noticed the blood stain that had started to spred at her side. She was hurt? Why hadn't she said anything? He narrowes his eyes a bit, concerned. A grin spread across his lips when the old woman nagged Eve into drinking one of her potions.

"What's the assignment?" he wondered and stood up. He would have to get his clothes from the saddlebags before he could do anything else.

Foxy
Admin

Användarens profil

Inlägg  Byakko i mån jul 07, 2014 4:34 pm

After pulling her tunic back on she peeked out from behind the curtain and raised an eyebrow at Renn. As if she would brief him in here.
"Oh, a little bit of this and that. It's in the capital anyway, I'll tell you on the way."
They were done out here anyway and none of them were of any use on the battlefield. Sure, they could fight better than most but one thing assassins weren't trained in was formation fighting.
Outside the tent dawn was just breaking and heavy mist clung to everything. The camp was waking up and Eve zig zagged between the tents heading for the corral.
Her mare had gotten some well deserved rest and some oats but they would probably have to start out slow.
It would take little more than a day to reach the capital if the made good time and didn't run in to any trouble.
On the way to the horses she stopped by the quartermaster to get the things she'd given for safe keeping; her bow and several throwing knives and a couple of fighting knife.

Her mare nickered quietly at her as she neared. Eve stroked her silky coat and blew in her nostrils and laughed when the horse playfully lipped her pockets.
"Fine, you spoiled brat." She fished up a pair of sugar lumps.

Byakko

Användarens profil

Inlägg  Foxy i tis jul 08, 2014 10:40 pm

He just smiled slyly in respons to her raised eyebrow. His brow furrowed a bit when she mentioned the capital though. It would not be an easy ride to the capital. They could probably manage to stay clear of the fighting but the quickest way from here to the there was through the Karado forest. And the forest crawled with bandits and other less pleasant things. They could always stay clear of the forest but the journey would then take twice as long.

He quietly followed her out of the tent after thanking and paying the drasian woman. Outside he took a deep breath of the humid morning air and sighed. The shoulder felt sore and he could do with some hours of sleep but that would probably have to wait. He stretched and tried to limber up the arm a bit. Renn followed Eve to the quatermaster and retrieved his pack that contained a couple of extra daggers. He regretted that he had had to leave one of his daggers out in that field but he hadn't had the time to retrieve it then. It had been a good dagger and one of a pair. Now he would have to get rid of the remaining one and get some new ones. Assassins were never supposed to leave weapons behind. Never to leave a trail that could lead back to them. Thankfully the dagger didn't contain any specifik markings or any other recognizable traits that could lead back to him.

He made sure to pick up some supplies before returning to the horses. Back at the horses he changed into his ordinary clothes and stoved away the remainder of the soldier uniform. The sword he tied to the saddle under the leather flap so that it wouldn't be visible but so that he would have it handy if he ever needed it. He looked over at Eve and chuckled.
"She's only spoiled because you spoil her, you know" he commented and stroked the mane of his own horse.

Foxy
Admin

Användarens profil

Inlägg  Byakko i ons jul 09, 2014 6:01 pm

Eve just huffed at his comment.
"A lady needs to be spoiled. Not that you'd know anything about what a woman needs."
She gave him an insolent grin and mounted.
"I pity the girl stupid enough to fall for you." Eve gave a dramatic sigh but her eyes danced merrily as she turned her mare to the south and the forest. She didn't bother to ask Renn which road they should take, she was fairly certain he would like to take the quicker route. She wouldn't have gone through the forest by herself but now they could take turns sleeping.
Getting through the camp was a slow business. People had started milling everywhere and Eve forced herself to keep to a slow walk.
She relaxed visibly as soon as they passed the last tent, though she still kept her mare to a walk. No need to stress their injuries.

"So..There have been whispers of a plot to assassinate the Crown Prince and his advisors have decided to employ us. Harkin swears none of his have accepted such a contract" Eve sneered, she was not prone to trusting the Assassin Lord. "so we will infiltrate certain circles in the capital."

Byakko

Användarens profil

Inlägg  Foxy i ons jul 09, 2014 6:29 pm

"I'll make sure to remind you that you said that" he retorted with a mischievous grin. He mounted and then pulled up the hood, covering most of his face. The stallion automatically started to move after Eve and her mare as they started to walk. They got some odd looks from some of the men but most knew better than to bother them and therefore stayed clear of their path.

"Interesting.." It happened that the Guild employed assassins for two different sides, which most of the time ended with one of the assassins having to kill the other one even if they both belonged to the same faction. Renn had been in such situation before and had been the one walking away with a fellow assassin's blood on his hands. If one from the Guild had been assigned to killing the Crown Prince, Renn just hoped that it wasn't somebody he knew too well. He had tried to distance himself from the other assassins not to end up in stalemates if they ever were pitted against eachother but with some people it was hard not to get close. He glanced over at Eve.
"Which circles are we starting with?"

Foxy
Admin

Användarens profil

Inlägg  Byakko i ons jul 09, 2014 6:43 pm

"The noble ones, to start with. There are two, as you should know; Helen and Karel's"
Eve grimaced as she mentioned the Crown Prince's younger siblings. Karel was youngest and liked to spend his time whoring and gambling any money he could beg from the Queen. He was fat, lazy and not too bright. Helen was regal, beautiful, smart and Eve was convinced she lacked both a heart and a soul. She was cruel, calculating and utterly merciless on the battlefield.
She was also pushing the King and all his advisors to take up the slave trade like the neighbouring countries. The thought made Eve want to punch someone.

"I think Karel's will be easiest but also must unlikely to yield results. None the less, he is holding a great ball for all his equally wasteful friends. I think they've actually hired almost half of the capitals courtesans."
The thought of a man capable of throwing away tax money on a feast while the soldiers fought here for their lives sickened her.
"He will hold it at the estate of Duke Perrins. That seemes to be the groups general meetingplace and I thought we could sneak around a little."
She smiled menacingly.

Byakko

Användarens profil

Inlägg  Foxy i ons jul 09, 2014 7:00 pm

Renn grimaced at the mentioning of the Prince's younger siblings. Karel was stupid and Renn was sure that he lacked any will to ever mantle the burden to rule a country, he would probably settle with leeching of his elder brother when he became king. Helen on the other hand could have far greater ambitions but since she was born a female she could never take the throne unless both her brothers were killed and then she would have to take a husband of royal blood. What she could do was to have the Crown Prince assassinated so that Karel would be named king. Karel was the more gullible and easier to manipulate of the two brothers and Renn didn't doubt that Helen could have him dancing after her pipe.
"Courtesans you say? Well it might be worth looking in to" he grinned at her.

The horses trodded forward and soon they could see the great forest looming in the distance. It stretched for miles in both direction. Renn was happy that they started the journey early in the morning that meant that they would be atleast halfway through the forest before nightfall.

Foxy
Admin

Användarens profil

Inlägg  Byakko i ons jul 09, 2014 7:10 pm

Eve rolled her eyes at Renn but said nothing. She herself had friends among the courtesans, or rather acquaintances, but she had no interest in purchasing what they were offering.
Eve steered for the general road leading through the forest. No smart bandit would attack two obviously armed people so the road was fairly during the day. They could probably camp away from the road later, but there was no need to lengthen their journey by trodding through thick underbrush.

She stretched languidly in the saddle, wincing slightly at the tug in her wound. She wondered briefly how Renn was doing but waved the thought away before she finished it. It was no use asking him. He'd only wave her questions away even if his shoulder were killing him.

Byakko

Användarens profil

Inlägg  Foxy i ons jul 09, 2014 7:25 pm

Renn glanced up at the thick branches above them and to the sides of the road. If there were bandits they would probably not be this close to the edge of the forest but he knew better than not to be cautious. He wouldn't have lived this long if he weren't cautious. The stallion didn't feel tense or acted worried so that made Renn relax just a bit. One hand briefly felt after the daggers in his belt, making sure that they were in place. A throbbing ache stretched from his left shoulder down to the elbow but he tried to focus his mind on something else. The horse flicked with its ears but just to get rid off some irritating flies. Renn yawned and leaned back a bit in the saddle, feeling the horse move under him.

The forest lay quiet around them except for the occassional bird chirping. Renn thoughts briefly reminded him of the child they had kidnapped. Those milky white eyes still gave him the chills. He wondered just for a second what would happen to it but it wasn't a healthy thought to linger on so instead he focused his eyes on Eve. They had known eachother for a while know but it was much that he still didn't know about her, not that he would ask because she would likely not answer him.

Foxy
Admin

Användarens profil

Inlägg  Byakko i ons jul 09, 2014 8:04 pm

Eve sat back in the saddle, eyes closed. To the world it almost looked as if she was sleeping but all her other senses worked full time analyzing the terrain around them.
A snapping branch made her open one eye bit it was only a deer quickly disappearing between the trees. She sighed contentedly and tipped her head back, her black hair flowing behind her, slightly stirring in the breeze.

Time passed in comfortable silence and eventually the sun started to sink behind the trees. Eve thought about continuing but a jaw-breaking yawn had her admitting defeat.
She steered her mare into the woods and soon found a clearing just half a kilometre from the road.
She dismounted and removed the saddle.
"I'll take the first shift I'm not really tired yet."
It was a lie but she was sure he needed rest more than she did. She rummaged around in a saddle bag and fished out some hard cheese and dried meat, which she tossed at Renn. There was no use lighting a fire.
Her arms ached as she started to rub down her mare who snorted happily.

Byakko

Användarens profil

Inlägg  Foxy i tor jul 10, 2014 8:30 am

He followed in silence, deep in thought. The sun was setting quickly which made it quite dark in the forest. He stretched after dismounting and stifled a yawn. The horse let out a deep sigh as he unbuckled and removed the saddle. He fished out a brush from one of the saddlebags and swiflty brushed down the horse. Renn was tired and all he wanted to do was to go to sleep but he made sure that the horse was clean and that he had a nice patch of grass to eat from before Renn slumped against a tree. The aching shoulde took a lot of energy from him.

He absentmindedly caught the dired meat and cheese she tossed to him and looked at it with a blank stare. He wasn't really hungry but he knew he should eat something so he forced down a few bites before putting away the rest.
"Alright" he would have disagreed and taken the first shift himself if he wasn't so tired. He didn't want to admit it but he would probably not manage to stay awake for much longer so he was thankful that Eve offered to take the first shift.
"Wake me when your shift is over.." he said and then made himsellf comfortable on the ground, which was hard with the sore shoulder. Before drifting off to sleep he grabbed one dagger in his right hand and stoved it under his head for easy access.

Foxy
Admin

Användarens profil

Inlägg  Foxy i tor jul 10, 2014 3:39 pm

Eve just grunted a reply and wolfed down the cheese and meat.
She looked around for a good spot but realized she would probably fall asleep as soon as she sat down. With a sigh she walked up to a big oak at the edge of the clearing and easily shimmied up the gnarled trunk.
She picked a brang overlooking the clearing with rather good view of the surrounding area and leaned back against the trunk.
It was uncomfortable, just what she needed to stay awake.
She let her eyes wander over the clearing and paused for a moment on Renn. She smiled crookedly for herself and then continued her vigil.

Three eventless hours dragged by before she couldn't take it anymore. She had already dozed off once and almost fallen off the branch.
She forced her aching body to quietly climb back down and rubbed her sore neck.
"Renn." Her voice was calm and silent, trying to wake him without making him draw his weapon. "Renn." She poked his back with the tip of her boot.

Renn slept lightly and a dreamless sleep. He opened his eyes slightly as he heard somebody gently calling his name. Out of reflex he turned and grabbed her foot as the boot poked him in the back but he didn't draw the dagger.
"Eve" he mumbled and let go of her boot. "It's been tree hours already?" Renn didn't feel like he had slept at all.

He yawned and sat up, stretching while doing so. He looked around briefly, trying to get his bearings back. Nothing seemed out of place. He got to his feet and rubbed the aching shoulder, it had become stiff while he was sleeping.
"Anything interesting happened while I was sleeping?" He wondered and glanced over at Eve, she looked tired.

Eve kept still has he grabbed her boot. Sudden movements around assassins were not recommended. Especially when they were half asleep.
"No, nothing except you snoring."
She smiled tired but her heart wasn't in it.
She shuffled over to what looked like a soft spot and curled into a ball, cloak wrapped around her and fell promptly asleep. She had trained herself to keep to a shallow sleep but she was far too tired for that know.
She was mercilessly dragged into oblivion.

In the dream she stood in a giant empty field. Wind bent the grass around her but she couldn't feel it on her skin. The sun glared but she still felt cold and hugged herself, shivering.
Suddenly the child stood in front of her, those milky eyes staring into her soul. The little girl opened her mouth as if she was speaking but Eve could hear no other sound than the thundering of her heart. She tried to tell the Oracle to speak louder but her throat closed and she gasped, trying to suck in air that wouldn't come.
Around her darkness closed in until it felt like she was floating, suspended in the complete blackness that seemed to suck the light from everything.

Renn walked around the clearing and glanced over at Eve who seemed to have fallen asleep as soon as she had layed down. He smiled to himself but focused his mind on the surrounding forest. He stood still for a while and just listened. Leaf rustled in the wind and a distant hooting from an owl could be heard. He went over to the horses and stroked their foreheads before he climbed up into one of the overhanging trees. He had to keep himself busy not to fall asleep again. The hooting came again but this time closer to their camp site. Renn perked up and turned his head in that direction. Had it really been an owl? It was common practice for assassins and such to use bird and other animal calls to communicate with each other. He listened intently and watched the dark forest but he couldn't catch any hidden figures in the shadows.

A vague sense of danger had Eve struggling to awaken.
She cracked an eye, wondering what had woken her. Head head felt heavy and she had to muster all her strength to even speak.
"Renn..?" She rolled over on her back ans just as she did so the whizz of an arrow broke the silence. Eve gave a startled yelp as the arrow tore trough her sleeve and grazed her arm.
Instantly awake she surged to her feet, throwing a knife in the direction the arrow had come from. A distant grunt was the only indication that she had hit her mark, even in the gloom of the still dark forest.

Eve jumped in behind a tree, bort her fighting daggers drawn. Were they surrounded? How many attackers?
She quickly checked her arm but it was a shallow cut even though it bled profusely.

Renn heard Eve calling for him but he didn't answer her. There was someone or something lurking in the darkness, he could feel it. When he heard the swishing of the arrow he drew closer to the tree and scouted in that direction. Soon after he could see one of Eve's knifes disappear in between the trees. The grunt told him that someone was standing there but had the dagger only graced him or injured him fatally? Were there others?

Renn spun around, eyeing the forest surrounding them. There! A movement in the shadows. Silent steps. Silently he drew a dagger in each hand. He didn't think that they had spotted him in the tree yet. So far he counted one injured and two others. He gracefully moved over the branches to a nearby tree toward the two hidden figures. Soon he was just above the two men hiding among the bushes.

Renn jumped to the ground, plunging one of the daggers in to the neck of one of the men. The man let out a surprised gasp before tumbling over. His partner quickly got to his feet and launched at Renn with a drawn sword. Renn sidestepped and stabbed the dagger into the man's outstretched arm. He yelped in agony and dropped the sword which clattered to the ground.

Senast ändrad av Foxy den tor jul 10, 2014 6:38 pm, ändrad totalt 1 gång

Foxy
Admin

Användarens profil

Inlägg  Byakko i tor jul 10, 2014 4:03 pm

Eve listened intently. She could hear a struggle from the other side of the camp. She stalked around, keeping low and looking for any sign of movement.
A faint rusle from behind had her ducking just as a sword swooshed overhead. She spun and slashed a dagger across her attackers throat. Blood splattered her face and she leapt back, crouching.
Four more men ha appeared behind the bushes, surrounding her. They advanced on her, probably aiming to take her down all at the same time.
Deadly calm overtook Eve and she grinned malevolently at them, one of them even stepped back, unnerved by her cold stare, but they collected themselves and attacked with a collective roar.

Eve was wind and blood and death as she spun, easily sidestepping their sweeping swords, ducking, jumping, pivoting. One by one they fell until only one was left standing, staring at her with terror.
Eve gave him no time to collect himself, she pounced and buried both her daggers in his gut. As she rose and the battlemadness receded she grimaced at the blood coating her hands and the splatter on her face.

Byakko

Användarens profil

Inlägg  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Sida 2 av 4 Föregående  1, 2, 3, 4  Nästa

Till överst på sidan

Behörigheter i detta forum: